IT Professional Placement (ITPP)
What is the ITPP?
- ITPP is one of the most attractive features of BSc (Hons) Computer Science.
- ITPP has a history of over 20 years working with well-recognized organizations and companies in Hong Kong.
- After completing two years of full-time study, you will take the year-long course of IT Professional Placement (ITPP) .
- Training provided in ITPP includes working in project development teams and communications with various kinds of personnel in a business organization setting.
- Subject to job availability and longer period of study, students may choose to work in sponsor organisations of ITPP including international computer vendors such as IBM, banks such as HSBC and JP Morgan Chase, the Hong Kong SAR Government and related organisations such as the Office of the Government Chief Information Officer, the Hospital Authority, the Hong Kong Monetary Authority and the Housing Authority, and other enterprises, such as the Hongkong Electric Co, the MTR Corporation and Thomson Reuters HK.
Benefits to Students
- ITPP provides students a good opportunity to integrate, apply and consolidate book-based knowledge in a real-world like environment.
- It also provides a career head start after graduation if students choose to work in sponsor organisations of ITPP as it is counted as one year of work experience in the computer/IT industry.
Upon Completion, Students Should Have
- Gained in confidence, maturity and self-discipline
- Improved communication skills
- Gained insights into organizational behavior in a work environment
- Increased level of competence in professional skills
- Gained the ability to cope with the more analytical and critical aspects of the final year of study
- Acquired the will to take up responsibility in a professional manner.